HOMMAGE TO ALIDA VALLI
DIRECTOR: Dario Argento
YEAR / DURATION: 1977. • 99’
GENRE: horror film
- SCREENPLAY: Dario Argento, Daria Nicolodi prema pjesmama u prozi Thomasa De Quinceya Suspiria de profundis
- CINEMATOGRAPHY: Luciano Tovoli
- EDITOR: Franco Fraticelli
- SCORE: Goblin
- CAST: Jessica Harper, Stefania Casini, Joan Bennett, Flavio Bucci, Miguel Bosé, Alida Valli, Udo Kier
- PRODUCER: Claudio Argento
- COMPANY: Seda Spettacoli
Suzy, a young American, arrives at a dance academy in Germany, where a female student was murdered the day before. During her stay at the academy, a series of unusual events unfolds – more murders, disappearances, frightening figures, and inexplicable flashes. When her friend Sara also disappears, Suzy decides to investigate the academy on her own and finds a secret passage, which, as it turns out, has something to do with ancient witchcraft, but also the professors at the academy.
About the director
Dario Argento (Rome, 1940) entered the world of film as a critic, and later started writing and directing horror films, including The Bird with the Crystal Plumage (1970), The Cat o’ Nine Tails (1971), Four Flies on Grey Velvet (1971), and Deep Red (1975), which secured his status of cult director. His major work is the Three Mothers trilogy, consisting of Suspiria (1977), Inferno (1980), and The Mother of Tears (2007).
- Arena – 22.07