Pursuant to Article 5 of the Ordinance on the Status and Financing of the Pula Film Festival (OG 5/2021), the Public Institution Pula Film Festival, Uspon na Kaštel 2, Pula, announces
to highlight the candidacy for artistic director of the Pula Film Festival
The public invitation refers to the selection of the artistic director of the Pula Film Festival, who is appointed by the Minister of Culture from the ranks of prominent film experts. The term of the artistic director is two festival editions.
Basic conditions of candidacy:
– experience and expertise in the field of audiovisual activities, knowledge of recent national production and audiovisual heritage, monitoring contemporary trends in European and world production and the local and international scene of film festivals;
– active knowledge of English in speech and writing;
– candidacies may be nominated only in their own name;
– The candidacy should contain a proposal for the concept of development of the Pula Film Festival in the next four years.
Duties of the artistic director
The artistic director prepares and submits to the Festival Council the following proposals:
– Festival program which includes the main program and accompanying programs and events (industrial and network)
– menus of individual accompanying programs
– international guests
– titles of films for inclusion in the main and accompanying programs,
– schedule of film screenings
– composition (jury) of the jury of the Festival.
The artistic director is responsible for the execution of the Festival program.
The application for the Public Invitation must contain the following documentation:
– CV of the candidate
– proposal of the concept of development of the Pula Film Festival in the period from 2021 to 2025 with emphasis on:
– main and accompanying film programs
– other programs of the Festival
– a program intended for professionals in the field of audiovisual activities and positioning of the program in relation to already existing programs at the local, regional and international level
– defining target groups
– explanation of the harmonization of the program concept of the Festival with the needs of the general and professional audience and defined target groups
– positioning of the Festival in the Republic of Croatia
– positioning the Festival at the regional and international level.
– The public call was opened by publishing in the media and on the website of the Pula Film Festival starting on January 25, 2021.
– Candidates are submitted in writing, by registered mail or directly at the Public Institution Pula Film Festival, Uspon na Kaštel 2, 52100, Pula, with the indication “Candidacy for artistic director of the Pula Film Festival” until February 15, 2021.
In Pula, January 25, 2021.