DIRECTOR: Svetla Cocorkova
COUNTRY: Bulgaria, Qatar
YEAR / DURATION: 2019. • 97’
- SCREENPLAY: Svetoslav Ovčhrov, Svetla Cocorkova
- CINEMATOGRAPHY: Vesselin Hristov
- EDITOR: Svetla Cocorkova
- SCORE: Hristo Namliev
- CAST:Monika Najdenova, Svetlana Jančeva, Assen Blatečki, Elena Zamjarkova, Valentin Ganev, Ivan Savov
- PRODUCER: Khalil Benkirane, Svetoslav Ovčarov
- PRODUCTION COMPANY: Doha Film Institute, Omega Films
- SALES AGENT: Film Republic
- FESTIVALS: San Sebastián International Film Festival (New Directors Award – Special Mention), Warsaw Film Festival (Young FIPRESCI Jury Award), Cottbus Film Festival (best film), Sofia International Film Festival (Grand Prix)
In a small town in Bulgaria, a mother and her two daughters are struggling to survive. The younger daughter often invents stories to make life more interesting. Unwittingly, she eventually gets caught in a web of her own lies. While struggling to get to the facts, the two sisters find out the truth about their mother.
About the director
Svetla Tsotsorkova (Burgas, 1977), Bulgarian director, actress, and producer, known for Mayka mi (2005), Zhivot sas Sofia (2004) and the feature film Jajda (2015), which won awards at numerous prestigious film festivals.
- Kaštel – 22.07