TINY TIM: KING FOR A DAY
DIRECTOR: Johan von Sydow
COUNTRY: Sweden, Norway, Croatia, USA
YEAR / DURATION: 2020. • 78’
- SCREENPLAY: Martin Daniel
- CINEMATOGRAPHY: Damir Kudin, Johan von Sydow, Lars Erlend Tubaas Øymo
- EDITOR: Stefan Sundlöf
- SCORE: Ted Krotkiewski, Gustav Wall
- PRODUCER: Michael Krotkiewski
- PRODUCTION COMPANY: Momento Film, Sekvenca, Indie Film as
- SALES AGENT : DR TV International Sales
- FESTIVALS AND AWARDS : Međunarodni filmski festival Fantasia
Herbert Butros Khaury (1932–1996), known professionally as Tiny Tim, was an American singer, ukulele player, and musical archivist. He sang in a falsetto voice. His career reached its heights in the late 1960s with his emblem song Tiptoe Through the Tulips. Some see him as a freak, some see him as a genius, but he leaves nobody indifferent. He is considered the first androgynous artist, and he has influenced numerous important musicians – from Marilyn Manson and Alice Cooper to The Tiger Lillies and Lady Gaga.
About the director
Johan von Sydow (born 1961) is a Swedish director and writer, but also an actor, journalist and stand-up comedian. His documentaries about the author Mare Kandre – Mare Kandre: I Am the Genius (2009) and about the tenor Jussi Bjoerling The Jussi Bjoerling Saga (2011) were called the best Swedish cultural documentary films of the 2000s.
- INK – 17.07