SISTERS: THE SUMMER WE FOUND OUR SUPERPOWERS
DIRECTOR: Arild Østin Ommundsen, Silje Salomonsen
YEAR / DURATION: 2020. • 78’
GENRE: family, adventure • 7+
- SCREENPLAY: Arild Østin Ommundsen, Silje Salomonsen
- CINEMATOGRAPHY: Arild Østin Ommundsen
- EDITOR: Arild Østin Ommundsen, Reidar Ewing
- SCORE: Thomas Dybdahl
- CAST:Billie Østin, Vega Østin, Mette Arnstad, Kristoffer Joner, Thomas Skjørestad, Oddgeir Thune, Nina Ellen Ødegård
- PRODUCER: Gary Cranner
- PRODUCTION COMPANY: Chezville
- FESTIVALS: Cinekid Film Festival, Gijón International Film Festival (Enfant Terribles Award for Best Feature Film), Ale Kino! International Young Audience Film Festival (Special Mention by the Jury)
Nine-year-old Vega and her five-year-old sister Billie go camping with their dad in the wilderness. The camping this is all fun and games, but then their dad falls into a mountain crack and twists his ankle. The girls go alone to get help, and even though they are afraid and in panic, they overcome their fear through a series of unusual encounters and discover their own superpowers.
About the director
Silje Salomonsen (Stavanger, 1978) is a Norwegian actress, musician and film director, married to Arild Østin Ommundsen Sisters: The Summer We Found Our Superpowers is her directorial debut.
Arild Østin Ommundsen (Stavanger, 1969) is a Norwegian director, writer, cinematographer, editor, and producer. He studied directing at the University College in Stavanger. His awarded romance sport drama Monsterthursday (2004) was the first Norwegian film ever to participate in competition at Sundance Film Festival. He works with his wife Silje Salomonsen on a number of projects.
- INK – 21.07